Building your Resumekite Page is easy. The Resumekite interface is simple, allowing complete control, yet only offering a few simple options to customize your page and information.
To log into your site: go to resumekite.com/yoursitename/wp-admin
Replace yoursitename with your site name.
Example: if your site name is dsmith, go to http://resumekite.com/dsmith/wp-admin
This will bring you to the Resumekite dashboard.
To see the live version of your site at any time visit resumekite.com/yoursitename
- The Resumekite Dashboard
- How your Resumekite website is set up for visitors
- Setting up your About Me section
- Setting up your “Jobs/Education” sections
- Editing individual “Jobs/Education” sections
- Editing fonts, colors and backgrounds for “Job/Education” sections
- Adding images and video
- Editing the order of your “Jobs/Education”
- Editing your “Skills & Accomplishments”
- Editing your Navigation Menu
- Editing your Social Links
- Customizing other aspects of your site
- About Me
- Contact Form/Skills/Accomplishments.
- Click on “About Me” on the left hand navigation panel
- Click to edit your “About Me” section
- Fill out the portion in the body with whatever you would like.
- If you would like to change the title from About Me to something different, edit the “About Me” headline.
- When you are satisfied with all changes, click “update” as shown below.
- NOTE: When filling out education, fill out all your education, within the education section.
- To edit/add Jobs/Education click JOBS/EDUCATION on the left hand navigation panel.
- To add a new job, click “ADD NEW”
- To Delete Job or Education, select that item with the left hand check box, select “move to trash on the drop down, and hit “apply.”
- To change the title of your job, or location, enter it in the main title.
- To edit the description, enter it within the body of the page.
- When satisfied, click update.
- NOTE: When adding new jobs, you may have to center align your text within the content to make it align like your other jobs.
- While inside a job, scroll down on that page to where you see “section options.”
- Change font size, font type, font color, background, and more.
- While within a job/education page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Themify Builder” tab.
- Set the column layout by adjusting the squares (you can set it to 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 columns)
- Drag Image or video to the column layout box
- NOTE: Not all options are currently supported, but are being developed.
- Select “Job/Edu. Order” on the left hand navigation
- Click and drag the order you would like your jobs/education to display.
- Click update when completed.
- Click on skills/accomplishments on the left hand navigation
- Select which one you would like to edit.
- Edit content as you desire.
- Click update when you are finished.
- To edit the main navigation menu items, click on “nav menu” on the left hand navigation panel.
- Click screen options on the top right hand side, and make sure that “sections” is checked.
- Click and drag sections to the location you would like.
- Sections (jobs) can be inserted into headings by dragging inward.
- Click “Save” when finished.
- See below for more descriptions.
Adding Job to menu
- Click “Social Media Links” of the navigation panel
- Within the next panel, edit your links and click save all when finished
- NOTE: If you do not want certain links to appear, simply push the “x” to delete
- Click on site customization on the navigation panel
- To edit the header wrap — edit the HEADER WRAP BACKGROUND SECTION
- To edit your body font, go to STYLING>BODY FONT
- To edit how the menu looks, go to STYLING>MAIN NAVIGATION
- You can control many other aspects of your site from here
- NOTE– some of these selections can be overwritten, based on selections on individual jobs, education, selections.